Information and Support for Carers
Support for the supporters
When working full time, it is vital to be aware of burnout. Burnout is a gradual process that doesn’t happen overnight, but it can creep up on you, so it is essential to pay attention to the red flags your mind and body will present you.
People take holidays so that they can recharge and prepare work life, but we understand that carers don’t have this luxury. You are always on-the-clock and and often forget to look after yourselves. Self-care is essential, which is why Community Vision is here to help.
What is carers support?
Carers support is a variety of services that we can provide to carers of people with disability.
It is no different to any of the other services that Community Vision offers. It is tailored to meet your needs and can be adjusted as your life changes.
Some of the services that we offer include:
- In-home respite – our staff step in to care while you step out to recharge
- Social club – our staff can take your family member to our social club, Woodvale, giving them a chance to socialise and giving you some break time
- Kingsley Youth Space – your family member can visit our youth space and spend some time socialising while you recharge
- Overnight respite – We can arrange for an overnight stay for when you need to be away
- Emergency respite – when crisis occurs, our staff can step in and manage the caring side while you get life back on track
- Education – we can give you resources to help be the best carer you can be, as well as how to become more resilient as a carer
If you are a carer and you need support, call us today on 1800 968 754 and find out how we can help.