Information and Support for Carers
Support for the supporters
When you work a full-time job, you’re always warned about burnout. People take holidays, so they can be recharged for their work. Carers don’t get annual leave. They are always on-the-clock and, often, they forget to look after themselves.
Self-care is very important. Which is why Community Vision offers carers support.
What is carers support?
Carers support is a variety of services that we can provide to carers of people with disability.
It is no different to any of the other services that Community Vision offers. It is tailored to meet your needs and can be adjusted as your life changes.
Some of the services that we offer include:
- In-home respite – our staff step in to care while you step out to recharge
- Social club – our staff can take your family member to our social club, Woodvale, giving them a chance to socialise and giving you some break time
- Kingsley Youth Space – your family member can visit our youth space and spend some time socialising while you recharge
- Overnight respite – We can arrange for an overnight stay for when you need to be away
- Emergency respite – when crisis occurs, our staff can step in and manage the caring side while you get life back on track
- Education – we can give you resources to help be the best carer you can be, as well as how to become more resilient as a carer
If you are a carer and you need support, call us today on (08) 9301 8222 and find out how we can help.