Community Connections with Social Support
Remaining active and social is an important part of staying mentally and physically healthy. However, various factors in our lives can affect our ability to get out and enjoy life and the company of others.
Social support empowers you by giving you the right level of help and support for you to go out and enjoy yourself in your much loved community. Our friendly team will pick you up from home, take you out to the place of your choosing, whether its to a community activity, the cinema or helping with your errands, you are in control.
What will Community connections and social support mean for me?
The nature of social support depends entirely on you and aims to reduce feelings of loneliness or social isolation. Being part of your community and socially connected is all about your wellbeing. Your Life, your way.
Our friendly and dedicated staff can provide social support access across a variety of areas, including:
- Community connections with social support – going somewhere new or visiting a favourite destination, travelling to the library to collect your latest read, dropping into your Community Centre to meet and make friends or shopping at the local fresh food market to buy the “sweetest” local strawberries.
- Helping with the weekly shopping – stocking up on the weekly groceries, remembering to stop and make time for that all important cuppa and slice of cake.
- Banking – visiting the bank and getting your affairs organised for the week ahead
- Medical appointments – Getting your regular health checks done to make sure you stay in tip top condition.
Woodvale Social Club
We also provide social activities through our Woodvale Social Club, where people come together to have some fun, learn new skills and share their stories.
The Club, located behind Woodvale Library off Trappers Drive, Woodvale, is the place where people over 55, people with dementia and younger people with a disability come together to have some fun and enjoy a range of activities including:
- Art room, exercises, gaming, iPad training, outings and other social activities
- Yoga activities, Physi Chi, Games and Mini Golf
- Celebrations and special events such as Christmas party, Christmas in July, Halloween, Anzac Commemoration, etc
- Transport to and from the Club
- Main meals and refreshments
- Some evening services are available
The Club also provides services for people with dementia.
Our Home Care Services Team are here to help you. Great community friendships can be built and Support Worker relationships develop where your regular Support Worker really gets to know you and helps you to enjoy your time and have a great day out.
Social support can be used in a variety of ways, entirely tailored to suit your individual circumstances. Our Team works with you to determine the kind of support you want and need and we go from there. You may just prefer to go for walks or sit on the patio and challenge your Support Worker to a game of Dominoes or Cards, whatever you’re choosing our Team will assist you to meet your goal.